To bid in a Rusty by Design Online Auction, follow one of the two steps below:
2. When the auction opens, click on the catalog, and register to bid in that particular auction by agreeing to payment terms.
Click here for more information.
Auction flex does check validity of each credit card that is given on file. We do this to simply secure the items that are in our auction, if your credit card information is being declined, please double check that all information given is correct. If so, and still declining you may need to check with your credit card company, the card must be a valid number, with a valid expiration date.
- When the auction opens, click on the catalog, and register to bid in that particular auction by agreeing to payment terms.
- Place your bids on your desired lots. You can also “watch” lots that you are interested in.
- During auction closing, watch your lots as the timer begins to run out. You may continue to bid until the timer is expired. The timer will continue to extend the time as long as the bidding continues.
- You also may place a “max” bid, please note: this WILL NOT drive up the bid to that amount. This will simply secure the lot for you up to that particular amount. Just because you have a max bid of $100, you will not necessarily pay $100 for it, it will be sold at the highest amount.
|Bid Amount||Bid Increments|
|0.00 – 24.00||1.00 USD|
|24.01 – 47.50||2.50 USD|
|47.51 – 95.00||5.00 USD|
|95.01 – 990.00||10.00 USD|
|990.01 – 4,900.00||100.00 USD|
|4,900.01 – 9,999,999.99||500.00 USD|
- During auction closing you may continue to bid until the timer is expired, the timer will continue to extend the time as long as the bidding continues, this is a soft close
Occasionally, we do run specialty items (car, boat, smoker, etc..) that will have a reserve on it. If the item does not meet the reserve, it again will not sell, unless the consignor chooses to go with the highest bid, this though is not a decision that is made by Rusty or any of its employees.
- All bids are binding and cannot be canceled or retracted. If there is an error or malfunction in the system and you must edit a bid, you must contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to your bidder account
- At the top you will see four colored circles, the first will be a green circle, by clicking on this a screen will appear with all the items you are currently winning
- Or click on your bidder name at the top of the screen, a drop down list will occur, click on “Current Bids”
- To Add Lot: Go to desired lot and on the furthest to the right you will see a blue icon that says “Watch Lot” click this and it will place in your “watch” folder.
- To View “Watched” item(s) in Folder: At top click on the last color circle icon which is blue, the. next page will show you all these items at their current bid amount.
- To Remove item from Watchlist: Go to watch folder, to the furthest right of desired lot there will be an “x” which will delete it from your folder.
- Or click on your bidder name at top of page and a drop down will appear, click on “Watch List”
- We attempt to describe all these items to try to give you a visual of the item you are bidding on, we describe them to the best of our ability. If you have questions or are NOT SURE about the condition of or anything pertaining to an item in our auction, preview is highly encouraged. If you choose to bid without previewing, you accepting the item as is.
Shipping is available for our Forney locations. Please contact the UPS Store at (972) 552-2800 to discuss the items you are interested. They can provide you with a quote to ship. Packaging and shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer. If you buy an item, it is your responsibility to contact our office the day after the sale closes and settle payment with Rusty by Design.
- The auction will begin to close at the published time. The auction will close at the rate of a few lots per minute.
- Also, due to soft close, a lot may stay open for quite sometime with the extended time that is added.
- At pickup you have the option to use cash or credit card (you do not have to pay with the card on file). We will never charge card, unless asked to due so for other arrangments, or if we do not hear from you once pickup days are completed. If you do not make one of the scheduled pickup days we will run your credit card on file. You may also be subject to handling fees, late fees, and forfeit the item; this may result in a suspended account. Please read terms and conditions.
- NO CHECKS
- Pickup days are typically the day after the sale ends. Please refer to your invoice for the date, time and location of pickup. Pickup times are firm, storage is not available, nor are we able to relocate any items to other sale locations.
- Yes! We do charge everyone a buyer premium: 18% when using credit card with a 5% discount if you pay with cash (which will be 13%), plus tax.
- We will gladly take off your tax. At time of pickup, we will have you complete a tax exempt form, the form must have your tax number, be signed and dated. These do expire every year, so you may be asked to complete another to be sure our records are always up to date. Once you complete the form, your invoice should always show $0.00 for tax amount. If it does not, we do not have all your accurate info. We DO NOT need a copy of your certificate
- Yes, consignors fee is 30%
- If you need someone to come and pickup your items and deliver to Forney for you, consignment fee is 40%
- Any items unsold in auction, we will return to the consignor
- Anyone can bid on anything they choose
- Typically no
- Enter into a particular open auction
- At the top right click on Login/New Bidder
- Enter your username and select “Forgot your password”
- Follow the prompts
- Click on “Login/New Bidder”
- Click on gray box “Click here if your a new Bidder”
- Check your email address and follow the following prompts
- If you know your password click on prompt below the “check email”
- Login to your accout
- At the top right of the screen click on your name and a drop down of options will appear. Click on Account Info.Scroll down and edit accordingly, or select prompt “Click here to change my password”
- Login to your accout
- At the top right of the screen click on your name and a drop down of options will appear. Click on Account Info. You may edit your billing method and/or account info on this screen.
- An account may be suspended for various reasons, to resolve any issues or confusion please contact 214-247-7304
- All sales are final. We attempt to describe all these items to try to give you a visual of the item you are bidding on, we describe them to the best of our ability and many times rely on information from the consigner that is given to us. If you have questions or are NOT SURE about the condition of or anything pertaining to an item in our auction please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. Questions should be directed to 214-247-7304. PREVIEW & QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!!!!
- A bid by any person shall be conclusive proof that the person has made himself acquainted with these conditions of sale and has agree to be bound by them. Though all descriptions are believed to be correct, neither auction house nor seller makes any warranties of any kind with respect to the property and in no event shall be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source origin, condition etc. All sales are final and all property is sold “As is, Where is”, It is the bidders responsibility to determine condition and usefulness of the items purchased. The Auction house owners, employees and consigners reserve the right to bid on any items in auction. Persons attending preview or auction during removal of goods assume all risks of damage of or loss to person and property and specifically release the auctioneer from liability therefore. Neither auctioneer nor his principal shall be liable by reason of any defect in or condition of the premises on which the sale is held including but not limited to personal injury, fire or theft. If foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and Seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, auctioneer at his option may 1) resell the property publicly or privately, with the purchaser being liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs incurred or 2) cancel the sale, retaining all liquidated damages on all payment made by purchaser. Auctioneer commission and all other incidental damages will be charged. Auctioneer is acting as an agent and agent only and is not responsible for the acts of his or her principals.